Borrowing Items from the Libraries
Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community with valid ID cards may borrow many library-owned items.
- Most books, music, media, and other formats can be checked out.
- New periodicals, rare, and unique items are considered non-circulating items.
Items in the catalog will display their current availability and circulating status.
Need information on loan periods, the number or renewals allowed, checkout limits, and fines rates by classification? Look here:
- Books and other Regular Circulating Items
- Music Audio/Video Items
- Reserves & Laptops
- Returning Items to the Libraries
- Holds and Recalls
- Renewing Items You Have Checked out
- Paying Fines
- Complete List of Circulation-Related Policies
Items can be checked out at one of the following locations:
- Willis Library Services Desk, 1st Floor, Willis Library
- Discovery Park Library Services Desk
- Eagle Commons Library Services Desk
- Media Library Services Desk
- Music Library Services Desk, 4th Floor, Willis Library
Borrowing Reserve Items
Items on reserves have special loan periods, fines and fees, and rules for checkout. Please read more about:
Borrowing from Other Libraries
Members of the UNT community who need a document that is not in our collection can: