side view of a person with headphones looking at a laptop screen

Regular circulating library material can be placed on Graduate Reserves and kept in a designated space in Willis Library.  This service is available to UNT Graduate Students, Doctoral Students and Faculty.  


  • Compact shelving on the lower level of Willis Library
  • Music Library Graduate Carrels (only available to Music students and faculty)

Requesting Graduate Reserves

  • Apply for shelving space at the Library Services Desk on the first floor of Willis Library. You will be assigned two shelves and a graduate reserves record will appear on your library account.
  • Submit an online request form.  Once the form has been processed, you will be notified by email.
  • The Music Library Service Desk will assign those carrels located on the fourth floor of Willis Library. Carrels will be assigned only if seating availability permits.

Placement of Materials on Graduate Reserves

  • Circulating books and documents may be added to Graduate Reserves.
  • Current periodicals, non-circulating books, non-book material and course reserve books may not be assigned to Graduate Reserves.

Borrowing Materials Located on Graduate Reserves

  • Materials from Graduate Reserves may be checked out by anyone with a valid UNT ID card for 3 days.
  • Reserve loan rules will apply to books checked out from graduate reserves.

Renewing Graduate Reserves

  • Graduate Reserves are assigned on a semester by semester basis and should be renewed online through your library account.
  • Reserve fine rates will apply to books checked out from graduate reserves.