Individuals can apply for a UNT Courtesy Card. A picture ID will be requested to verify the individual presenting the card. The UNT Courtesy Card as well as a picture ID must be presented each time materials are checked out.
Currently enrolled UNT Students, Faculty, & Staff do not need to apply for a courtesy card. Your UNT ID is your library card. If you are an unenrolled graduate student or an unenrolled undergraduate student, please contact Access Services at 940-565-2413 regarding checkout privileges. See: TexShare Cards, OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing Cards.
The following may apply for a courtesy card:
- Current members of the UNT Alumni Association (must present current UNT Alumni Association card upon application or other proof that membership is current).
- A spouse or adult child of a UNT faculty or staff member residing in the same city as the faculty member.
- Part-time UNT faculty members.
- An unenrolled UNT graduate student currently pursuing a degree.
- An undergraduate unenrolled for the spring or summer session of the current academic year.
- An unenrolled UNT student finishing an "incomplete" grade.
- A retired UNT faculty member or UNT librarian.
- A Denton county permanent resident - Courtesy cards for Denton County residents will be issued immediately if you provide a non-expired driver’s license which shows you reside in Denton County. Otherwise, the card will be mailed.
If you do not qualify for a courtesy card in one of the categories listed above, you still may obtain a card by joining the Friends of the Libraries organization. Membership will entitle you to library privileges for the academic year. Application forms are available at the Library Services Desk in Willis Library.
Please see our circulation policies for specifics on loan periods, check out eligibility, fines rates, renewals, etc.
- Anyone under 18 years of age or still attending high school is not eligible for a courtesy card. (Exception: If you are attending high school and have a TexShare card, you will be eligible for a courtesy card.)
- All courtesy card applications must be made in person at the Library Services Desk in Willis Library.
- Call (940) 565-2413 or e-mail Access Services for further information concerning courtesy card eligibility.