UNT LIBRARIES, UNT. POLICY & PROCEDURE MEMORANDUM
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Basic information about fines and fees related to lost items.
The lost item fee for an item from the general collection is $100.00. Depending on the item, you may be able to reduce the lost item fee by providing an acceptable replacement copy and paying a processing fee of $10.00. We will accept a replacement copy of the item given the following criteria:
- the replacement copy is in good condition (no highlighting, pen/pencil marks, missing/damaged pages or spine damage)
- the replacement copy has not been withdrawn from another library
- the replacement copy is the same edition or a more recent edition.
Charges for lost reserve materials, periodicals, and other special collections are assessed by adding:
- The cost of the item as determined by the libraries,
- A processing fee of $30.00
- A $26.50 service fee
- The maximum fine for the material type.
If the borrower locates material after payment, the borrower may apply for a refund at the Library Services Desk in Willis Library if the item is returned within one year from when it was paid for. The amount of the refund is at the discretion of the Library. Any fines still due on the item and some or all of the processing fee may be deducted from the refund. Refunds are processed three times a year.
- Approved: 06/01/17
- Revised: 01/11/17
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.