The Eagle Feather, an interdisciplinary undergraduate research journal at UNT, celebrated the publication of Issue 11 on October 7, 2014. The current issue contains 33 student research projects in biological sciences, linguistics and technical communication, teacher education, social and behavioral sciences, sociology, political science, and English.
- The addition of two new faculty editors — Dr. James Duban and Dr. Diana Elrod
- A special feature collection of poetry
- Inclusion of research articles produced in two of UNT’s new core capstone classes — linguistics and sociology
- Research articles examining the lives of women in colonial America
- Mentor of the year — Dr. Jeanne Tunks
- Department of the year — Department of Biological Sciences
- Where Are They Now? — Highlighting student researchers from the 2005 issue
The User Interfaces Unit receives research articles in Word document format beginning in July of each year and transforms them into an electronic journal format. We have provided services and website maintenance to The Eagle Feather since 2004.