Although you may have heard that there are a lot of items in the UNT Digital Library (DL) and The Portal to Texas History (Portal), some items are far more popular than others.
Here are the top ten most popular digital objects in the UNT collections:
10. Biographical Encyclopedia of Texas (Portal) - 9,978 uses since June 2009.
9. Indian Wars and Pioneers of Texas (Portal) - 11,300 uses since June 2009.
7. (DL) - 13,296 uses since January 2010.
6. (DL) - 13,574 uses since January 2010.
5. (DL) - 16,681 uses since January 2010.
4. (Portal) - 18,066 uses since October 2009.
3. (DL) - 24,627 uses since January 2010.
2. (Portal) - 24,902 uses since May 2010.
And the most popular item is...
1. (Portal) - 43,072 uses since February 2010.
For those who prefer the road less traveled, here is a sampling of less popular (but still interesting!) items that you might enjoy:
* [Two boys sitting on alligator] (Portal)
* [Letters and Drawings from Niagara Falls Students to the BRAC - July 2005] (DL)
* [Map of Europe as queen] (Portal)
* Stamp out black markets --with your ration stamps: pay no more than legal prices. (DL)
* Catheads, Coalburners, and Cho-Cho Sticks: Folk Speech in Texas Prisons, in The Bounty of Texas published by UNT Press (Portal)
* Fifty Common Birds of Farm and Orchard (DL)
* [Portrait of Carmen Calvo] (Portal)
* [Cast During the Filming of "Shooting Straight with Tim Holt"] (DL)
* Ant-Trap. (Portal)
* The grocery ruined him. (DL)
If you'd like more information about usage statistics, check out Did You Know...that you can see usage statistics for items, collections, and contributing partners/departments? and Bob Is Popular.
--submitted by Hannah Tarver, Head, Digital Projects Unit