Speaking Notes from a Tech Talks Presentation by Valerie Glenn, June 15, 2005
- What is a blog?
- How do I publish a blog?
- How are blogs used in libraries?
- How are blogs used by librarians?
- short for Web log
- can have all sorts of content - individual diary, compilation of links/news articles, etc. on a particular topic, news with commentary, etc.
- can have individual or group authors
See a pretty detailed discussion at Wikipedia.
Content management software on your server
- Digital Projects Department DevBlog
- University of Minnesota's Business & Gov't Information reference blog
Communicate with the public [can be one-way or two-way (ie, comments or no)]
- Frequently Answered Questions - an experiment in distance education library communications
- Georgia State University - Library News and Subject Blogs
Keep up with what others in the profession are doing
Keep up with issues that affect libraries
Other library-related blogs
About the Author: At the time of this Tech Talk, Valerie Glenn served as a documents librarian at the UNT Libraries.