Speaking Notes from a Tech Talks Presentation by Shaun Seibel, March 12,
A simple definition of wiki is a Web site that is editable by anyone. This Tech Talk discusses some of the more advanced aspects of the wiki including:
- Why Use the Wiki?
- New home for the Shared Directory and/or Departmental Drives
- Workgroup/Committee webpages (agendas and minutes)
- Personal Library Webspace/Homepage
- Resources links for class pages/subject guides
- Training manuals/Orientation for new staff/student
- Tips and Tricks
- Brainstorming/Note taking
- Wiki and Web 2.0
- Following Web 2.0 Protocol (titling pages, etc.).
- HTML Coding in Wiki/Show n'Tell
- Creating Templates
- Creating Tables
- Font Size
- Font Color
- Alternate Table of Contents
In addition, some of the lesser known traits will be analyzed:
- The wiki forgives you: how to correct mistakes
- Clean up your wiki: organization
- Show and tell: examples of wiki markup
We'll also talk about possible futures for the wiki.
About the Author: Shaun Seibel is Library Specialist, Research Park, UNT Libraries.