Willis Library's 1st Floor is a popular study area with a mix of study tables, casual seating, mobile whiteboards, and computers available through the 24 commons. Also Available:
Located on the 1st floor of Willis, The Forum is a large and open space designed to host lecture series, presentations, and other group discussions.
Willis 136 is a large classroom/computer lab located on the 1st floor of Willis, just inside the front entrance. Librarians frequently hold classroom instruction sessions in this space.
Located on the 2nd floor of Willis Library, 250H is a large and open presentation classroom for use by faculty and staff. This room is set up as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) room to study, present, collaborate, and share content wirelessly. Students are unable to reserve this room, but are welcome to study here when it is not in use.
Located on the 3rd floor of Willis Library, 340 is a large classroom used for UNT classes, presentations, and group study. Faculty, staff, and students can reserve this classroom.
- Seats: 30
- Amenities: Staff/Teaching/Presenter station, Open/mobile seating, Mobile whiteboard
- Technology: PC, Projector, HDMI, Microphone, Webcam for use with Panopto
Willis 443 is a large classroom located on the 4th floor of Willis Library. Librarians hold classroom instruction sessions in this space.
Located on the 1st floor of Chilton Hall, 111C is a screening classroom and the HTC Vive VR room. This room may be reserved for one-time use by instructors for screening media materials to their classes, by students as a study space, or to experience the HTC Vive.
- Seats: 35
- Amenities: Staff/Teaching/Presenter station, Open/mobile seating
- Technology: Blu-Ray player, VHS player, LaserDisc player, PC, Projector, HDMI/VGA, Wireless mouse/keyboard, Webcam with mic, and HTC Vive
Located on the 1st floor of Chilton Hall, the Commons area of the Media Library contains space for viewing movies, playing tabletop games and using gaming stations. There are four viewing stations for movies, 16 gaming console stations and 6 gaming PCs in this area. Coming soon: The room may be reserved for one-time use by faculty for gaming, game design and instruction by contacting the Media Library. Reservations of the game stations can be made by students through the online reservation system.
- Seats: 76 total
- Amenities: Open/mobile seating
- Technology: 1 VHS-to-digital transfer station, 3 VHS/DVD/Blu-ray viewing stations, 6 Dell Aurora VR-Capable gaming PCs, 16 console stations including Wii, Wii U, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Retron 5, projector and screen
Located on the 1st floor of Chilton Hall, The Nest is an e-sports and game design space. The room may be reserved for one-time use by faculty for gaming, game design and instruction by contacting the Media Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make room requests at least two weeks before your event.
Students can reserve individual stations through the online reservation system.
- Seats: 15 game stations and 4 moveable tables
- Amenities: Open/mobile seating and tables, whiteboard
- Technology: 15 Dell Aurora VR-Capable gaming PCs