Self-Service Video Transfer Station
The Media Library offers a DVD-Videocassette recorder in the viewing carrels which can be used to transfer VHS tapes directly to DVD. This unit also has DV, RCA, and S-Video inputs.
About this service:
- Use of this station is free of charge.
- This station is self-service. Very limited hands-on assistance is available. If you require assistance, please call or email the Media Library to schedule an appointment.
- Users must bring their own blank recordable media (DVD-R, DVD-RW, VHS)
- Users must supply their own cables to connect devices to DV, RCA, or S-Video inputs.
- Copyright notice: This station should be used for the legal transfer of materials. Legal uses may include:
- Transferring content for which you own the copyright (home movies, personal recordings)
- Transferring content when you have received permission from the copyright holder.
- Transferring materials in the public domain
- Transferring materials using the Fair Use doctrine
Fee Based Services
The Media Library provides limited fee-based digitization services for library patrons’ personal materials on the following formats: VHS, VHS-C, S-VHS, Betamax, Betacam, Betacam SP, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and Mini DV. Please see the Film and Video Reproduction Fee Schedule for the duplication fees and policies. For referrals to businesses to provide fee-based digitization services for other film and video formats, please contact the Media Library.