The libraries provide a diverse range of study spaces. This page describes general information about tables, carrels, and other workspaces throughout the libraries.
The following is true of most study spaces:
- Individual & group study stations are available
- Powered stations are available
- Electrical outlets are available throughout all facilities
- Wireless Access is available in all facilities
- Computers are part of the Community and/or Student Computer Labs
Please see the individual floor maps for numbers and placement of tables, outlets, etc.
Also see: Services for Persons with Disabilities
This floor is the designated quiet area of the library. Due to this designation there is no group study on this floor.
The first floor of Willis is the main entrance of the library and contains the largest number of workstations and group seating options as well as the Willis Library Services Desk and the 24 Hour Student Computing Commons. It is divided between two general areas, a technology-rich side and spaces optimized for groups or individual study.
Mixed use study and collections spaces. The second floor contains a number of enclosed study rooms, while the third and fourth floor contain several larger rooms for classes and groups and are generally quieter than the first and second floors.
Mixed use study and collections space with causal seating, and individual study carrels. View a Listing of Rooms available for Reservation in the ECL, or learn more about the services offered in the Collaboration and Learning Commons.
- Instruction Room (B135)
- Student Laptop Checkout
- Community Workstations
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Casual Seating
- Group & Individual Study Carrels
- Pay for Print is available
- Community workstations/search carrels
- Casual seating
- Media viewing carrels
- Media gaming stations
- Media 111C screening room