Electronic Databases provided by UNT Libraries can be accessed by any UNT student, faculty, or staff member from virtually any computer in the world.
Connecting to Electronic Databases on any of the UNT Campuses (Denton, Discovery Park, Health Science, or Dallas) is available via:
- UNT Campus: Any wired computer in the libraries or on campus.
- UNT Wireless Network: Access the campus wireless network. (Requires EUID/Password Authentication, See Below)
Off-Campus & Wireless Access
Most subscription based Electronic Databases will require you to login with your EUID and password.
UNT Libraries use a transparent URL rewriting proxy server to connect to databases, e-Journals, and other electronic media. If you access the Internet through a high speed solution other than a dial-up or modem connection, you may be behind a firewall. Please tell your network administrator to configure the firewall to allow ports 2048 through 9999 to connect to server IP address 18.104.22.168. Microsoft RDP clients use port 3389 for server IP address 22.214.171.124.
A user name and password are necessary for you to gain access to most databases, e-Journals, and other electronic media. A UNT Internet Services Account is assigned to every student, staff and faculty member. Your account must be activated before you can use these resources. The Account Management System will activate your UNT Internet account, and can be used to lookup your EUID and reset your password if you have forgotten it.
Access after graduation, termination or retirement:
If you are a student or alumni, access to the electronic resources will continue for two long semesters after your last enrolled semester. If you are a UNT employee, you will lose access on your termination date.
Terminated UNT employees have no access.
UNT retirees who are having problems with their access should email the Library Help Desk or call 940-565-3024.
See Also: UNT Computer Use Policy (3-10).
Resources that Require Special Software
For a small group of products that are loaded on CD-ROMs, you must use a downloadable helper program. Individual resources will list this requirement in their descriptions.
If you have problems accessing Electronic Databases try the following:
- Verify your EUID and Password are correct.
- Check for any limits on number of "Simultaneous Users," or other notes about outages, etc.
- Attempt access through the Campus VPN.
- Use our Ask Us service for help.
- Report a problem via e-mail.
Some subscription systems have a limited number of "simultaneous users" or have other unusual internal logging out requirements. Because of this:
- Whenever you finish using an electronic product, look for a "log out" or "log off" button, typically on the right side of the screen.
- Click on it to exit. This frees up the product so others can use it.