side view of a person with headphones looking at a laptop screen

Regular circulating library material can be placed on Research Reserves and kept in a designated space in Willis Library.  This service is available to UNT Graduate Students, Doctoral Students, Honors Students and Faculty.  


  • Compact shelving on the lower level of Willis Library
  • Music Library Graduate Carrels (only available to Music graduate students and faculty)

Requesting Research Reserves

  • Apply for shelving space at the Library Services Desk on the first floor of Willis Library. You will be assigned two shelves and a research reserves record will appear on your library account.
  • Submit an online request form.  Once the form has been processed, you will be notified by email.
  • The Music Library Service Desk will assign designated carrels located on the fourth floor of Willis Library. Carrels will be assigned only if seating availability permits.

Placement of Materials on Research Reserves

  • Circulating books and documents may be added to Research Reserves.
  • Current periodicals, non-circulating books, non-book material and course reserve books may not be assigned to Research Reserves.

Borrowing Materials Located on Research Reserves

  • Materials from Research Reserves may be checked out by anyone with a valid UNT ID card for 3 days.
  • Reserve loan rules will apply to books checked out from Research Reserves.

Renewing Research Reserves