Material Delivery Service- Now Online Holds
Our Online Holds service, now available through our catalog, has replaced the Library Materials Delivery Service Form. For more information, please read the full article.
How to Request Books or Journal Articles Owned by the UNT Libraries
Requesting books may be done through our Online Holds service. To place a hold, simply click the link labeled “Request this item for pickup” that you will see in catalog records and search results for requestable items. This link will take you to a form that will ask for your EUID and password, which item you want to request, and the pickup location. You will be able to place up to ten holds at a time, and you will be able to manage your hold requests through your account in the online catalog.
Please note that if you log into your catalog account before placing a hold, you can bypass the account authorization on the first screen of the request form. This is helpful if you need to place several holds in one session.
Requests are processed within 48 hours if the items are available. Patrons are notified by email when the items are available for pick up.
Also note that, in addition to holds for available items, the new request form will also handle recall requests, requests for items at Remote Storage, and requests for items in the Discovery Park Library stacks.
Requests for articles may be made through ILLiad.
Starting Point & Delivery (Pick-Up) Locations:
On-campus delivery location is determined by the "home" location of the item requested:
|Location of Item||Can be Delivered To:|
|Remote Storage: Regular Circulating Materials||
|Remote Storage: Media Material||
|Remote Storage: Music Material||
|Willis Library: Regular Circulating Materials||
|Eagle Commons Library: Regular Circulating Materials||
|Discovery Park: Regular Circulating Materials||
|All Microfilms, regardless of location||
Willis Library First Floor Pickup Shelf
The Willis Library First Floor Pickup Shelf is a self service holds pickup location that is located on the north wall inside Willis Library, near the Willis Library Services Desk.
Other Delivery Services
- UNT Distance Learning Services & Requests from UNT-Dallas for UNT Owned-Materials.
- Faculty Delivery Service.
- Faculty Booking and Courier Service of Media Items.
- Limits: There is a limit of ten holds that may be placed at one time. Items remain on the holdshelf for five days.
- Large Electronic Files: Copies of journal articles, class notes, and tests on reserve will be delivered electronically or e-mailed (PDF). For requests to be e-mailed, please limit requests to no more than 30 pages for each request. Depending on your e-mail provider, you may not be able to receive files larger than that.
- Reserves: Reserve items are not eligible for holds, however, copies of a chapter or other small portions of the books can be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account if the amount requested is not in violation of copyright laws.
- No Periodicals: Periodical volumes (except those located in Remote Storage) or individual issues are not sent by mail nor are they delivered through the Online Holds Service. Articles may be requested through ILLiad.
- No Fragile or Rare Items: Fragile materials may be restricted to Library Use Only.