Material Delivery Service
Use this Service
How to Request Books or Journal Articles Owned by the UNT Libraries
- Remote Storage Items in the Catalog: In both search results and on an item's record click "Remote Storage (click to request)" and fill out the form.
- Are you at the Dallas Campus, a Distance Education Student, or do you want an electronic copy? Please use your Illiad account.
- Are you a UNT Faculty member who would like library materials delivered to your main department office? Please use your Illiad account.
- Discovery Park Items: In both search results and on an item's record click "Discovery Park Library (click to request)" and fill out the form.
We will deliver regular circulating materials to other locations when any of the following criteria are met:
- Requested items are located in the Library Annex (Remote Storage).
- You are located at the main UNT Campus and need materials from the Discovery Park Library.
- You only attend classes at the UNT Dallas Campus and need materials from the main UNT Campus. Please use your Illiad account.
- You are at Discovery Park and need materials from either Eagle Commons or Willis Library, or from the closed stacks collections at Discovery Park.
Starting Point & Delivery Locations:
On-campus delivery location is determined by the "home" location of the item requested:
|Location of Item||Can be Delivered To:|
|Remote Storage: Regular Circulating Materials and Articles||
|Remote Storage: Media Material||
|Remote Storage: Music Material||
|Willis Library: Regular Circulating Materials||
|Eagle Commons Library: Regular Circulating Materials||
|Discovery Park: Regular Circulating Materials||
|All Microfilms, regardless of location||
Other Delivery Services
- UNT Distance Learning Services & Requests from UNT-Dallas: for UNT Owned-Materials.
- Faculty Delivery Service.
- Faculty Booking and Courier Service of Media Items.
- Submissions: Please submit one form per article and/or book.
- Limits: Generally 5 requests per person at one time.
- Large Electronic Files: Copies of journal articles, class notes, and tests on reserve will be delivered electronically or e-mailed (PDF). For requests to be e-mailed, please limit requests to no more than 30 pages for each request. Depending on your e-mail provider, you may not be able to receive files larger than that.
- Reserves: Reserve books are normally not sent by mail but copies of a chapter or other small portions of the books can be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account if the amount requested is not in violation of copyright laws.
- No Periodicals: Periodical volumes (except those located in Remote Storage) or individual issues are not sent by mail nor are they delivered to other Library Annex Reading Room UNT Library locations.
- No Fragile or Rare Items: Fragile materials may be restricted to Library Use Only.