Frequently Asked Questions

Computing, Laptops, Wireless

  1. Are patrons allowed to use the 24 Center Computers without an ID?

    No. University policy states that patrons must present a valid UNT ID (UNT EUID/Password) to use the general access computer lab workstations in the 24hr Student Computing Center.

  2. Are there other computer labs?

    Yes. There are 13 computer labs in the UNT GACL System, including one at Discovery Park, and 12 across the Denton Campus. For more information on the various labs check out the GACL website.

  3. Does the library have laptops available for checkout?

    Yes. Please see: Laptops for Checkout, and this policy page about Borrowing Reserves & Laptops.

  4. How can I use one of the StarBoards (interactive whiteboards) at the Eagle Commons or Discovery Park Libraries?

    Visit the library service desk to check out the appropriate equipment with your UNT ID card. Please ask library staff for help getting started and feel free to take a brochure with you detailing how to work with a StarBoard. See: Interactive Whiteboards.

  5. How do I record my presentation in the study rooms at the Eagle Commons Library?

    After checking out the appropriate equipment from the library service desk, you will need to use the projector and NCast software to start a presentation and recording session. Please ask for assistance at our service desk to be led through the process.

  6. How do I use the computers in the Libraries?

    The guest login is the default when you click the "I have read and understand these statement" button. Using software such as Microsoft Office on the computers in the libraries requires that you log in as a student/staff/faculty with your EUID and password. The computer screen will direct you to the log in screen if you are entering a software program with EUID access required. See also the Academic Computing and User Services web page.

  7. How much does printing cost in the 24 Center?

    The fees you pay as a student at the beginning of each semester cover printing in the Willis 24 Center. You can print one copy of your document. Please use the copy machines in the copy center in the Union or those available in the Library to make additional copies.

  8. What type of wireless access is available in the Libraries?

    Wireless access is provided through the University's CITC department and is generally available in all campus buildings as well as the Library Mall to UNT students, faculty, and staff.