This panel discussion features UNT faculty exploring medical literature that combines the art of comics and personal illness narrative.
- Dr. John Martin, Libraries
- Dr. Jacqueline Foertsch, English
“Heads, You Win!: Newsletters and Magazines of the Polio Nation”
- Dr. Samantha Langsdale, Philosophy & Religion
"Corporeality & Disability in Karrie Fransman's The House That Groaned"
- Dr. Bryan Conn, English
"Manga and Medicine: Osamu Tezuka, MD"
- Dr. Spencer D. C. Keralis, Libraries & English
“Beyond the ‘Valley of the Ultratwinkies’: Representing Safer Sex in 90s AIDS Zines”
- Natch A., Ecology Undergraduate Student
"Living Color - Reasons to be Graphic"
Visit the Graphic Medicine exhibit in Willis Library, January 29-March 10
- February 21: The Spiral Cage. Film Screening & Discussion with Dr. John Martin (Libraries)
- March 1: A Conversation about Graphic Medicine with Dr. Patti Brennan, National Library of Medicine Public Program
Thursday, February 8, 2018 -
6:00pm to 8:00pm