About the Digital Scholarship
The Digital Scholarship Workgroup, among many other resources in the UNT Libraries, provides members of the UNT community with tools, training, and research support for their digital endeavors. We define digital scholarship as any research that is presented with, created by, or about digital tools or culture. This broad definition ranges from the creation of new digital technology to scholarship about the effect of digital tools on society.
UNT Libraries specifically supports digital scholarship efforts by offering:
- Copyright, licensing, and distribution assistance through the Scholarly Communication Office
- Innovative publishing support through our Scholarly Publishing Services
- Online dissemination of research through UNT Scholarly Works
- Digital collections from units throughout the library
- Research Data services in the UNT Data Repository
- Tools and workspace for creative exploration in our new makers space, The Factory
- Speakers, workshops and themed event weeks throughout the year relating to digital scholarship, open access, and digital humanities
We encourage any member of the UNT community interested in starting a project or receiving a consultation to explore the above avenues and stay abreast of news and events relating to digital scholarship.