- Element Name
- Where Can the Publisher Information be Found?
- How Publisher Works in the Metadata Form
- How Should the Publisher be Filled in?
- Other Examples
An entity responsible for making the resource available: the publisher of the original work.
- A publisher can be a publishing house, an organization, a service, a corporate body, a government agency, a museum, a historical society, a university, a project, a repository, a person, etc. and may be found on:
- a copyright page
- an inside cover of a book
- a colophon
- a logo stamped on a photograph, map, or cover of a book
- accompanying or supplementary information
- 1. Publisher name -- text field
- 2. Publisher location -- text field
- 3. Publisher information -- text field
- Yes - to include multiple publishers, click 'Add' to repeat all field parts
- No (more information)
- If no publishing statement is present on the resource or its documentation, leave the publisher element blank
- When relevant, multiple publishers may be included but it may be appropriate for secondary publisher to be listed as a contributor instead (for example, a 'printer')
Roberta Wright Rylander
A. C. Baldwin & Sons
Lewis Publishing Company
[Houston] Chamber of Commerce
University of North Texas
Fort Wolters (Tex.). United States Army Primary Helicopter School.
American Chemical Society. Division of Chemical Information.
[United States.] Army Information Branch.
General Dynamics Corporation. Convair Division.
Texas. Legislature. Senate. Committee on Transportation.
United States. Government Printing Office.
United States. Department of Commerce. Office of Technical Services.
United States. Central Intelligence Agency.
China (Republic : 1949- ). Huan jing bao hu shu.
- This field is only for information about the publisher listed in or directly related to the object
- It is not necessary to do research to find information; this field is only used for readily-available notes
"Raphael Tuck & Sons Co., Ltd."
"A Multipro Reprint"
"Printed by The Bandera Bulletin for Frontier Times Museum"
- Children's book: More Fun For Everyone
- Publisher: Raphael Tuck & Sons
- Location: London, England
- Information: "London, Paris & New York. Designed at the Studios in England and printed at the Fine Art Works in Bavaria."
- Photo-journal: A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters: a picture book of the camp and its activities
- Publisher: The Ullman Company
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Information: "This book planned and printed in Gravure by the Ullman Company, Brooklyn, N. Y."
- Lion's Roar, Yearbook of the North Texas Laboratory School, 1958
- Publisher: North Texas Laboratory School
- Location: Denton, Texas
- Publisher: Taylor Publishing Co.
- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Information: "Lithographed by Taylor Publishing Co."
- U.S. Geological Survey Map: Locations and Depths of the Artesian Wells of the Black and Grand Prairies of Texas
- Publisher: A. Hoen & Co.
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Information: "Lith. by A Hoen & Co."
- French opera score: Nouvelles Poesies Morales sur Les Plus Beaux Airs de la Musique Francoise et Italienne avec la Basse.[...]
- Publisher: N. Lottin & J. H. Butard
- Location: Paris, France
- Information: "Chez Ph. N. Lottin, & J. H. Butard, Imprimeur - Libraires, rue Saint Jacques, proche de S. Yves, à la Verité"
- World War II Poster: This man is your friend: Dutch sailor: he fights for freedom
- Publisher: United States. Government Printing Office.
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Inventory of county records, Young County courthouse, Graham, Texas
- Publisher: North Texas State University. Center for Community Services.
- Location: Denton, Texas
- Publisher: Texas State Library. Archives Division.
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Information: Printer [and distributor]
- Pamphlet: An Appeal to the People of Massachusetts, on The Texas Question.
- Publisher: Charles C. Little and James Brown (Firm)
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Name fields are connected to the UNT Name App, which will try to match text against local authority files. Editors should always choose an authorized form from the list if it is available.
- If the publisher and the creator are the same, repeat the name in the Creator element.
- In the case of outsourcing, the name of the contract agency performing digital services for a publisher could be recorded in the Note element.
- Publishing information about a resource from which the current resource is derived should be placed in the Source element.
- For place(s) associated with the intellectual content of the resource, use the Coverage Place Name sub-element.
- Note: As of January 2014, formatting for organization names (including U.S. agencies) matches that of creators and contributors. "United States" will no longer be abbreviated "U.S." (except as part of an authorized name) and hierarchical names with multiple levels will end with a period.
- Library of Congress
- OCLC Worldcat
- Worldcat via FirstSearch (Accessible to UNT staff/students)
- UNT Name App