Research Data Management
Data management is the systematic organization and planning for data throughout the research cycle which includes: 1) Collecting and processing data, 2) Analyzing data and publishing research results, and 3) Planning for long-term access and storage. Managing research data is an integral part of the research process.
Data management throughout the data life-cycle will not only help save you time, but it will help you:
- Increase the impact of your research with data citation
- Clearly document and provide evidence for your research in conjunction with published results
- Comply with sharing mandates and copyright, and ethical compliance (i.e. HIPAA)
- Preserve data for long-term access and safeguard your investment from loss
- Describe and share data with others to further new discoveries and research
The UNT Libraries are uniquely poised to provide expertise in data management planning. The UNT Libraries have taken a team approach for data management services, leveraging experience from a variety of areas in order to provide data management assistance throughout the research data life-cycle.
Data Lifecycle Consulting Team
The Data Lifecycle Consulting Team can work with you on a plan to manage your data before you begin your research, during the research project, and after the project is finished, to provide access and preservation. Contact us for more information.